Glycemic Index measures the carbohydrates in a particular food based on how quickly the carbohydrates raises blood sugar and insulin levels.
Low GI = 55 or less - Eat more
Medium GI = 56 to 69 eat moderately
High GI = 70 above - Eat less or avoid if you can.
Fish Fingers = 38
Fettucine, egg = 40
Fruit Bread, Burgen = 44
Fruit Cocktail = 55
Frosties, Kelloggs = 55
Fanta Soft drink = 63
Fruit Loops, Kelloggs = 69
Flan Cake = 65
Fig = 61
Fillet-o-fish burger 128g = 66
French Fries = 75
French Baguette = 95
Fig Fruit bar 40g = 70
I was craving for apple pie yesterday but I don't like eating the pie crust and I don't know what's the glycemic index for apple pie. Anyway, I found a good recipe on allrecipes.com Syrupy Apples and tried it. It taste good and yummy!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine - I used Smart Balance Light instead.
- 2 medium apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon - I added this.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add apple slices; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.