Fun Things to do on a Saturday; Ferry ride and Explore Pike Place Market
Taking advantage of a sunny and bright Autumn Saturday here in the Pacific Northwest.
|Seattle here we come!|
It was bright and sunny Saturday. We decided to take a trip to Seattle via Bremerton Ferry (Washington State Ferry). Then we explore the Pike Place Market.
Parking in Bremerton:
How much is the Ferry Ticket:
No Need A Ticket! going to Seattle from Bremerton with the Washington State Ferry is Free. However, from Seattle to Bremerton is $9.45 for Adult. See my other post here The Best Ferry ride from Seattle for more information about about ferry cost and schedule.
|View of passenger walkway to Kitsap Fast Ferry and Foot Ferry. |
Foot Ferry from Port Orchard just came in.
What we did while waiting for the Ferry:
|Enjoying the Fall colors in Harborside Fountain Park by the Bremerton Ferry Terminal|
|Bremerton passenger walkway. View from Harborside Fountain Park|
|Watching the ferry coming in to the dock from Seattle|
|View of Bremerton and the Majestic Olympic Mountains|
How long was the ferry ride:
Our Stops and places we visited in Seattle on a Saturday afternoon:
- Ivar's Clam Chowder - was our first stop as soon as we got out of the ferry terminal. We ordered Smoked Salmon Chowder and it was delicious. We also enjoy watching seagulls outside while eating our warm delicious chowder inside.
- Frankly Sweets - bought pack of gum and started chewing while walking to the Gum Wall.
- The Gum Wall - The iconic gum wall. Thousands of gum and we added 3 more to it. Watch our video above.
- Fish Throwing at Pike Place Market - Being a beautiful Saturday, it was expected to have plenty of people in Pike Place Market. We waited for a few minutes (along with several people) for the workers to start the action "Fish Throwing" It was cool! Always enjoyed watching them.
- Pike Place Bakery - We bough Apple Cinnamon Bread, Almond Chip Divinity Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Sugar Cookie. A bit pricey but good!
- Organic Spiced Apple Cider - Got a cup of warm honeycrisp cranapple flavor $8 for 16 oz. Expensive but it taste oh so good!
- Pike Place Market Sundeck - Lots of people and a bit crowded but it's a nice place to rest and enjoy the beautiful views. There are birds around to watch and enjoy. The picnic tables are also available for 30 minutes. Also got to pet the pig there.
- Victor Steinbrueck Park - While walking at the park, we come across this vendor, on the side knitting some hat and other stuff. I decided to stop and check what she made. Bought 2 hats from her and I love the hat that she picked for me. I've been wearing it a lot.
- Don and Joe's Meats - on our way back to the ferry, we stopped here and bought 2 little ziploc bag of mix sliced smoked cheese, sausages, and jerky for $5 a bag. It was so good.
- Walking around Pike Place Market - So many things to see and do in Pike Place Market. However, we only got so much time before it get dark. We didn't get to buy flower bouquet because they are pretty much gone when we arrived there. Also the First Starbucks coffee shop - the line is so long, so skip that also.
|Beautiful Sunset in Seattle on our way back to Bremerton|