How to honor those who serve our country on Veterans Day
What is Veterans Day?
Veterans Day is a day of remembrance, celebration, and appreciation for those who have served in the military. This day is celebrated every November 11th and is a federal holiday in the United States. Veterans Day honors all American veterans who have served in any war or military action.
Veterans Day was first celebrated on November 11, 1919, Armistice Day, marking the end of World War I. The idea for such a day came from an American woman named Julia Ward Howe who wrote the lyrics to “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”.
What are the Best Ways to Celebrate Veterans Day?
Veterans Day is a day where we honor those who have served our country and those who have lost their lives while serving. It is an opportunity to show gratitude for their service and sacrifice. Here are some to the way to celebrate the Veterans Day.
- One way to honor veterans on Veteran's Day is to volunteer at the VA hospital or donate blood. These are two of the most important things you can do to help veterans in need. .There are a lot of ways to help veterans on Veteran's Day, but volunteering and donating blood are two of the best.
- Celebrate Veterans Day by going to a parade or ceremony.
- Fly an American flag outside their house or wear a pin with the American flag on it to show their support.
- Bake cookies for veterans and donate them to the local VA hospital or nursing home that has veterans living there.
- Spend time with American veterans who are in your local are.
- Donate to a veteran charity organization.