Glycemic Index measures the carbohydrates in a particular food based on how quickly the carbohydrates raises blood sugar and insulin levels.I couldn't find much food that starts with D for Low Glycemic Index. Therefore, I will be posting some food that have high glycemic index, food that needs to be avoided. Well, if you can!
Low GI = 55 or less
Medium GI = 56 to 69High GI = 70 above
D - Daffodils are blooming in Skagit County here in Washington State
Donuts = 76
Danish Pastry = 59
Danish, Apple & Peach, light 50g = 50
Dark Chocolate Crunch flavor, nutrition bar 25g = 49
Double chocolate muffin 60g = 46
Dark Red kidney beans, canned in brine, drained 150g = 43
Dates = 103
- khalas 215g = 37
- Bo Ma'an variety dried and vacuum packed 60g = 31
- Barhi variety, dried and vacuum packed 60g = 50
Digestive cookies 25g = 55
Dosai 150g = 55
Dandelion Greens = 32
Ok, here is what I had this morning. I just used whatever I found in the fridge and pantry. I'm not that creative enough to name my recipe but it does taste good.
EggplantBean Sprout - bought a bag few days ago and I'm trying to get rid of them, but I still have some left.
Green OnionsOlive Oil
Linguica Hickory smoked Portuguese style sausage - I decided to add this in the last minute. It has been in the fridge for quite sometime, so I thought it's time to get rid of it too.
Vietnam rice paper - I used it just for fun. Had this in the pantry for months.
- Lightly fry the eggplant in olive oil for a minute then add the the sausage, bean sprout, and spinach then cook it for few minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the chopped green onions. Fry in a separate pan.
- Place the fried eggs and the rest of the food on the wrapper and roll.
I made it too big that it was hard to roll. I guess I need more practice.