O - List of Low Glycemic Index
Glycemic Index measures the carbohydrates in a particular food based on how quickly the carbohydrates raises blood sugar and insulin levels.
O - list of low GI
Low GI = 55 or less - Eat more
Medium GI = 56 to 69 eat moderately
High GI = 70 above - Eat less or avoid if you can.
Eating low GI foods doesn't mean you go hungry, it is simply knowing and choosing the right food to eat.
O - list of low GI
Oat apple raisin muffin = 54
Oat biscuit cookies = 45
Oat bran flour = 40
Oat porridge made from roasted thick = 50
Okra = 15
Olives = ?
Omega bar gluten-free with linseeds, sunflower and nuts = 21
Onions = 10
Organic agave cactus nectar light = 11
Oatmeal, old fashion cereal = 48
Orange = 43
Orange juice = 46
Oat bran bread =48
Oat bran cereal = 55
Oat bran raw = 55
Original ginger marmalade = 50
Oatmeal cookie = 57
Orange squash diluted = 66
Oat kernel bread = 65
Oatmeal muffin = 69
One minute oat = 66
Orange breakfast drink = 68
Oro cookies = 67
Oatmeal instant = 75
Oat bran crisp = 79
Optifuel = 78
My husband and I ate at the buffet restaurant last week, it was the first time in a long time. We didn't pig out but we surely ate a lot of tasty and yummy but not so good food. On top of eating at the buffet restaurant, I baked chocolate banana cake and few days later I made this yummy strawberry cream cheese pie, and we had some ice cream few times last week.
Every Sunday morning is when we weight in to see where we're at. Well, my husband gained One pound and I've only lost .02lb What a bummer! Anyway, back to eating healthy again.
Strawberry Jello Cream Cheese Pie
2 pie crust = I would have like to use nuts for my crust but I don't have the chopper anymore. Pretzel or graham crackers are both higher on glycemic index. Therefore, I've decided to use the ready to bake pie crust. I bake the empty crust according to the instructions.
1/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. milk
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. (6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1-1/2 cups cold water
4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Bake the empty pie crust for few minutes and let it cool - follow the crust instructions
- Mix and blend together the cream cheese, sugar and milk.
- Stir in cool whip and spread over crust. Refrigerate.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened
- Add the strawberries to the Jello mixture and pour over the cream cheese pie and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until firm.
- Here is the link of a similar recipe and it has a video. Strawberry Pretzel Squares